If you are having a catholic wedding, you will need to choose prayers of the faithful to read during your ceremony. These prayers follow immediately after the blessing and exchange of rings. The presidor for each prayer is “For…;we pray to the lord”. The congregation responds with “Lord hear our prayer”
According to the General Instruction of the Roman Missal, the order of intentions should be:
-For the needs of the Church
-For the public authorities and salvation of the whole world
-For those burdened by any kind of difficulty
-For the local community
However, the General Instruction also provides for the intentions to “reflect more closely the particular occasion” during the Rite of Marriage.
Here is an example of some prayers you might use:
1. For all the people of God, that we may strengthen each other mutually in love, we pray to the Lord.
2. For the people and leaders of all nations, that peace may be theirs, we pray to the Lord.
3. For ____________, joined now in marriage, that their love grow and their commitment deepen every day, we pray to the Lord
4. For the families of _________________, that love, marriage and family life grow stronger, we pray to the Lord.
5. For all the lives this family will touch, that people will find love and compassion in their home, we pray to the Lord.
6. For the families and friends gathered here today, that they continue to enrich _____________________ with love and support through the years, we pray to the Lord.
7. For all who have died in the peace of Christ, especially: _____________________________ whom we remember at this celebration, we pray to the Lord.