The Importance of Finding Your Detroit Wedding Vendors Early
“Planning your wedding should always be a fun affair. From picking your venue, to hiring your photographer and live entertainment, making decisions early can save you a lot of stress and headaches later on. There are so many moving parts to consider as you’re planning for the biggest day of your life. Most of those moving parts start falling into line as the bigger decisions are made. Decisions like venue and vendors.
You don’t want to miss out on booking your favorite musicians, or photographer to document your wedding. Each of the vendors you choose are important because they come together to create the mood, set the tone, and maintain the magic of your special day. When the right ones are chosen, everything runs smoothly so you can enjoy the day and be present with family and friends. Not running around trying to save a sinking ship.
Don’t get hung up being overwhelmed by the planning of your wedding. It won’t do you any favors as time goes on. If you find yourself procrastinating on finding the right vendors, keep in mind these reasons to book early:
1. Choice Let’s face it, the biggest reason to book vendors early is the freedom of choice. Even in a larger city like Detroit, good venues and vendors get snatched up months and even years in advance. The further out you can book, the more likely you’ll be able to hire the vendors you really want for the date you pick. If having a wider selection of vendors to choose from is important to you, as it is to most people, do yourself a favor and get them early.
2. Budget Planning everything out early allows you to set a budget and stick to it. When you leave things to the last minute, often you have to settle on vendors who may not be exactly what you’re looking for. What’s worse, their rates might be higher in order to accommodate you, too. There’s nothing worse than having to forego a vendor you really want, or having to find more money than you expected.
3. Installments Speaking of budgets, a lot of vendors will allow you to break up your deposit into installments. Weddings can be an expensive event, albeit one you’ll remember for the rest of your life. The further out you are when you book, the easier it is to manage the payments without feeling crunched. Speak with your vendors to find out what their terms are and ask if they allow a reasonable payment plan.
4. Small Towns Getting married in Detroit might offer more venue options than most small towns. But if you’re planning on getting married in one of the suburbs, venues and vendors can become sparse. Prime wedding dates fill up fast and you can be left having to switch dates or settle for vendors you didn’t want.
5. Large Weddings The bigger the wedding, the more details need to be managed. Not only is it a good idea to have your vendors placed early to save your brain space for other, more important details—it’s also a good idea because it gives your vendors a heads up, too. When you’re able to prep your vendors so they’re aware of the size of your wedding, they’re able to accommodate the larger number and make better preparations on their end. Sometimes large weddings involve extra prep time, planning, and considerations for them as well.
6. Peace of Mind Nobody loves a Bridezilla (or Groomzilla!). Generally speaking, the monster in us comes out when we’re stressed to the bone and ready to snap. Weddings, while exciting, can also be stressful if you’re not careful. You can eliminate most of this stress and frustration by finding your wedding vendors early on. You’d be surprised how many unexpected issues can arise the closer you get to the big day. The last thing you want is to be throwing together all the major details at the last minute. Particularly, if you can’t find vendors who can work with the dates you choose, or the number of people attending.
7. Bragging Rights Everyone knows planning out a wedding is hard work. It’s why Wedding Planners exist. So with everything that needs to be managed before your big day, who couldn’t use a little something to brag about? Besides, telling all your friends and family about the awesome vendors you have lined up could drum up even more excitement for what’s to come.
Take it from us, as one of the top Detroit wedding bands, we know what it’s like to have to turn people away. It’s not fun. In an ideal world, we’d like to be accommodating of everyone who comes to us seeking our services. Unfortunately, the reality is we often have to say no. More often than not, when we turn people away it’s because we’re already booked up. If there’s one piece of advice we give out, it’s always: book early. You’ll be glad you did.”