Down To A Science
An engagement ring is probably the most important and significant piece of jewelry a girl will ever receive. It should be selected very carefully and have much thought behind it. But how are we supposed to give all of our trust to a silly guy I mean fiance to pick this out? Well here are some tips, facts, and fun information of the anatomy of an engagement ring:
Emily Maynard’s, ABC’s most recent Bachelorette, Neil Lane ring from fiance and winner Jef Holm.
- Engagement bands began in ancient Egypt, as the circle was used to symbolize the never ending cycle and the space in it as a gateway.
- Most people in the United States, England, France and Canada wear their engagement rings on their left hand, because of the old tradition that a vein in the fourth finger led directly to the heart.
- On the other hand, in many countries including Germany, Russia, India and Norway, brides wear engagement rings and wedding bands on their right hands.
- Is your love solid as a rock? All of these gemstones lead the pack in popularity and hardness:
- The cut of your gemstone is the most important characteristic! Which one matches your personality?
- A vast array of settings are available. Which one is best for you?
For more information on rings and assistance in planning your big day contact You’re The Bride at 248-408-4602 or via email.
Photo credit: www.pinterest.com